We're Hiring! Farm Staff - 2018 Season
Located an hour north-east of Toronto, Foggy River Farm is an ecologically-minded homestead that is committed to restoring the connection between people and the ecosystems they inhabit. Our multi-disciplinary approach integrates agriculture, architecture, and education.
Our small farm in Uxbridge, Ontario is home to a growing medicinal herb farm as well as a permaculture food forest. We sell herbal tea blends, perennial greens, and seedlings at the Uxbridge Farmers Market and beyond.
We are looking for the right person to join us this summer to assist on all aspects of our farm.
This position is part-time (2 days per week) at $14/hour. The start and end date are flexible depending on individual circumstances, with an approximate start in June, and ending between September and December (to be discussed).
During your time with us you will gain experience:
- Prepping garden beds
- Planting herbs, perennial greens, and trees
- Weeding, harvesting, and drying medicinal and culinary herbs
- Working in a greenhouse
- Maintaining the farm property, including permaculture earthworks, woodworking, forestry work, landscaping, assisting with livestock (chickens, horses)
We are seeking an individual with a serious interest in small scale farming, permaculture, or herbalism, and who demonstrate some awareness of the rigours of the lifestyle, as well as the solitude and repetition that often accompanies some of these tasks. We seek an individual who:
- Is honest, hard-working and reliable
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Is able to follow direction well and who can work efficiently and independently
- Is physically fit and comfortable with outdoor work and, at times challenging weather conditions
- Is self-reliant for transportation to and from the farm
- Likes to have FUN and soak up beautiful sights, sounds, scents that are abundant in farm life!
- Prior gardening, farming, or outdoor labour experience is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and brief email answering the following questions:
1) What accomplishment, project, or work experience are you most proud of?
2) What excites you most about this position?
Email application to Kate and Phil at: email@example.com