Start your own healing apothecary right in your own home! Join us for an introductory workshop on making Herbal Topical Preparations, led by Medical Herbalist, Talal Al-Hamad from the The Urban Apothecary in Toronto and hosted at Foggy River Farm.
This workshop is jam packed with incredible information, including:
- What is a cream vs a salve
- Comparison with other types of topical preparations
- Understanding emulsification.
- Herbs used in medicinal creams.
- Using infused oils, herbal teas and flower waters.
- Various methods to make infused oils
- Ayurvedic oils - Siddha tailam
- Understanding different base oils
- Understanding different butters
+ An in-class demo making a medicinal herbal cream and a medicinal salve
In addition to the oodles of information and the knowledge to make your own topical herbal preparations, each participant will receive a complimentary mini jar of cream and salve to take home and use right away!
LIMITED TO 12 SPACES
Tickets must be purchased through Eventbrite.
Payment can be made by credit online, or avoid the service charge by mailing cash or cheque to Foggy River Farm.